Highly aware of the impact of its activities on the environment, in 2003 ZI Heating Element Technologies implemented and certified an environmental Management System to ISO 14001, which has been continually updated in line with Standards over the years.
Besides the principles guiding set in the company’s quality and environmental policy, the environmental system is aimed in particular at achieving the following objectives:
- Reducing emissions of pollutants into the air, water and soil.
- Restricted use of natural resources.
- Greater use of recycled and recyclable materials.
- Activating separate waste collection and increasing re-use of rubbish.
- Optimizing production processes in order to reduce rejects.
- Educating human resources to make them aware of environmental issues, inside and outside the company.